2012年10月10日水曜日

Pesta Tanglung USJ & Hari Malaysia 2012

I had celebrated a rather different Mid-Autumn festival this year. As much as my love for festivals, Mid-autumn festival is always not my top favourite due to my dislike of mooncakes. I always feel dreadful having to even eat a slice of lotus paste mooncake which I felt like swallowing some concentrated lump of sugar. But there's still good stuff about mooncake - the salted egg yolk and some other less sweet/more interesting flavors ^^.
 
Skipping the introduction, this year Mid-autumn I was invited to perform at Pesta Tanglung USJ & Hari Malaysia 2012 as a guest performer. This event is organized and hosted by the assemblywoman of Subang Jaya, YB Hannah Yeoh. Seeing that I have to at least perform songs which somewhat related to the theme, I had quite some fun (and troubles) finding songs relating to moon.
 
At first I was informed by the event organizer, Mr. Loka Ng, to prepare 3 chinese songs for the night; and so with the GREAT help from DJ Nataka (Amamizuka), he suggested 3 songs for me to sing for the event, with one of them a self composed song by truly himself specially for Mid-autumn. I was pretty excited and honoured and proud to have the chance to be the first human to cover his song (his songs were mainly for Vocaloid China version), and of course to tell the audience that I'm performing a song composed by a friend made me raise my head up higher. Being an even greater friend as he is, he helped me arranged the other two songs to suit the event/me better (if not my performance would be a rather boring one using karaoke available online), mine was one and only in the world!
 
Oh before I forget, around 2 days before the performance, Mr. Loka suddenly suggested for me to sing an English song, and my performance will be splitted into two sessions, 2 songs each. Thanks to Carlson (my CrestFall band leader), I managed to download the instrumental for the song on the same day itself.
 
I shall stop rambling how greatful I am, and move on. On the day itself I wore something pretty simple, as I don't wish to get all sweaty in an open air environment. Unable to think further I just mashed up my lovely lace top with my sky blue skinny jeans.
 


And since I have extra time (outfit was too simple; did some light, sweet makeup), I worked a little on my hair~ Reading magazines/watching video tutorials do work because images of new styles are like burnt into my head =_=. For this day I did a side braid bun with a red bow clip as my accessory. Am definitely trying out for more hairstyles next time!
 
I was asked to reach one hour before the event starts, for sound check; which I'm really glad I did. Mr. Loka was kind enough to provide me dinner (McD McChicken) but sadly I only had them after the performance because I can't really eat before singing. After the sound check I was pretty much left alone, lonely, with other kids who were performing dances that day. I wanted to have some chat with those older kids but they were either too shy to even have a normal conversation, or just don't know how to speak to someone elder than them.
 
After warming up and going through my singing/speech for countless times in my head, I was SUDDENLY called to perform first. Apparently all other 5 performances (dancing) brought their mp3s and none of them are working =_=. What luck. And so my first session was rather sudden, but everything is fine as I don't particularly felt nervous at all for this event.

My song list for the day:
Session 1:-
1. 月儿弯 by 彭佳慧 (rearranged by Amamizuka)
2. 秋月吟 composed and arranged by Amamizuka

Session 2:-
3. Talking to the Moon by Bruno Mars
4. 但愿人长久 by Theresa Teng/Faye Wong (rearranged by Amamizuka)




 
My two sessions were over in a split second. Well not really split second, but thats how I felt being alone backstage. I managed to get to know some volunteers there and am glad to have several adults to talk to that night. After my performances, I was given a hamper as appreciation. No one did tell me about it and so after my performance I was happily chatting around with the volunteers; therefore I'm really sorry that I did not appear on stage even after having my name called several times. Really sorry T_T.
 

Photo of me receiving the Hamper gift from YB Hannah Yeoh.


My hamper! Forgive the blings and cute editing~ It's pretty fun playing around with Iphone photography apps, don't you agree?
 
After the hamper receiving on stage, I finally have time to spend with my family! We had fun lighting up the lanterns, which my sis once again burned hers.
 

 
We were given goodie bags which includes lanterns, candles, water, and a mini mooncake (which is unexpectedly good since it wasn't very sweet). There were other programs that day as well, such as Lantern Quizzes - which was over once I'm done =_= (but my dad did joined!). Around an hour later there was this free ice-cream redemption which we could redeem from the coupon in our goodie bags. The line was long but we had fun waiting, especially due to the fireworks! It was rather romantic seeing fireworks at night, feels like matsuri.
 
And here comes the interesting story: there was a man, with his family cutting queues and formed another line in order to receive their ice-cream faster. And of course, the workers refused to give him his share of ice-cream because you know, it's unfair for those who have waited for quite some time. He was furious, scolding the workers and volunteers, screaming with vulgar words about how he should have the ice-cream first. We were speechless about the situation but we did let his family to have their turn first because it's funny to fight over a free ice-cream. After some quarel between him and the volunteers, he threw his ice-cream on one of the volunteers!! How ungentleman and crude. And being the collateral damage, mum, sis and I had some ice-cream splashed on us since we stood rather near from the volunteers. It's sad to see that there are still many uncivilized people out there.
 
Even so! The night was great as I get to experience the stage, the lantern and the ice-cream splash haha. I wish to be given more stage opportunity some time again soon~ See ya ^^

2 件のコメント:

Unknown さんのコメント...

I think I'll come here more often, seemingly that you didn't post the first photo anywhere else, haha.

Your "Talking to the Moon" is really well done.

I wonder if you get email notification for this comment. Hmmm....

Jasmine みのり さんのコメント...

Thanks for the comment~

I did get notification but it was on junk, realised it when I was clearing my junk mails.