2012年10月9日火曜日

Bubba Gump @ Sunway Pyramid


 I'm not sure if most people tried Bubba Gump before, but we all must have at least heard it before. I'm blogging and posting food pictures of my second visit there; first time was with a friend of mine but I din't have any appetite to try out new foods (even though he was kind enough to pay for the meal, I've only tried one of the appetizer - Hush Pups [no pictures]). Hush Pups was average, rather dry to have it alone, perhaps it would be better as a side dish (opps it IS a side dish haha).
 
My 2nd visit was with Sayoko chan aka Sacchin! We wanted to have a great meal before our usual Karaoke session because redbox foods are just meh and we usually can't even finish a quarter of our foods. I suggested Avanti Italian Restaurant at first but after waiting for half an hour, we got told by the waitress that some event booked the entire restaurant and walk-in dining is not possible T_T.
 
When we ran out of idea of what to eat, I suggested Bubba Gump since Sacchin have not tried it before. Since it's Sacchin's first time, we let the polite (and hyper) waiter to explain to us about the flipping metal plate thingy (Run Forest Run/Stop Forest Stop). I'll skip the chats and proceed to the foods so here it is:
 

Cajun Shrimp (RM24.90) - One of our favourite side dish! The shrimps were very juicy dripping with cajun butter sauce and most importantly fresh~. Perhaps I'm a little bias since I've been a fan of shrimps (even prawns, lobsters or creatures of the same kind); but even Sacchin loves it so I guess it's great.
 
 
Dynamite Shrimp (RM22.90) - The least favourite of all the dishes we tried. Shrimps were fresh but I didn't really like the Thai sauce coating, they tasted fairly normal and we get tired of eating after few bites.

 

The all time favourite main dish! Bourbon Street Catch of the Day (RM35.90) - We loved everything about this dish, including the thin crispy potato strips on top of the mashed potatoes. The cajun sauce tasted great and so the fish is not dry. There's some shrimps too, I consider it added value ^^.
 
I saw several reviews from food bloggers that Crazy Cajun Chicken is great as well, unfortunately both of us were too full for anything else. But we definitely do hope for another visit to try more!

0 件のコメント: