2012年10月10日水曜日

Jogoya @ Starhill KL//Delicious @ Sunway Pyramid


Shirley, Bao (ChenChin) and I had an outing/gathering before Bao flies to UK for her studies (although our outing were more like a food marathon). Shirley has this coupon printed online to eat at Jogoya lunch hour for only RM49.90, and both of us except Bao have not tried this Japanese buffet restaurant before, we decided to give it a go; Although Bao did warn us that the food was nothing great, just that it was better than Tenji restaurant.
 
Bao's words were right afterall. The best memory I had for Jogoya was just the small coconuts with refreshing and sweet juice, haha. Almost all the foods there were below average, some even tasted bad despite their looks. To me it's not really a Japanese buffet, more like international buffet with chinese, western food, etc..Personally I still prefer authentic Japanese cuisine above all, but anyhow here's the pictures!
 


Obviously the lovely coconuts. Can you count them? 11 in total!! We had all 11 of them in less than an hour! Amazing not? We decided to keep the coconuts on our tables so that we could take a group coconuts picture but were STARED by the waitress whom for no reason just wanted to keep our cocounts. Of course we won, since we stubbornly wanted our cool photo haha.
 

Shirley and Bao taking pictures of the coconuts after we decided that if we had anymore all of us would have stomach ache/diarrhea.

Bao borrowed Jogoya member card from her friend, and so we had the chance to try out some foods which requires member coupons. We were given 3 coupons, which we used it to try two so called more "rare" dishes.
 

King crabs in chinese herbs! It was meh..just that there's a lot of flesh in those shells. It would be a lot better if the crabs were fresher, or cooked in a different sauce.


Mantis prawn - this was terrible. Yeah you got me right, it's terrible. I just don't want to recall it anymore. I don't understand this dish at all.
 
Other lousy foods we had was the ramen. I remember it well because I was craving for ramen that time and I was getting hyper seeing ramen there. But it was an utter dissapointment. How sad. Sashimi there were frozen and not fresh at all. Thinking about it while writing this post made me lose my appetite =_=.
 

Desserts! Supposed to be the most anticipating one, but again a dissapointment. This picture is good though. None of the desserts were good as per my memory.
 
We left Jogoya after 2 hours because we had only 2 hours to eat before someone chased us off haha. Apparently we could only stay there for 2 hours for the lunch deal, maybe they were affraid that someone would swallow all their foods down and they would be bankrupt haha.
 
Some photos taken after the meal:
 


My outfit of the day~ Knitted blouse from Stradivarius (bought in Spain), Washed-turqoise colour shorts from Uniqlo Singapore, Over-knee socks from a Japanese brand I forgot (bought in Singapore too). I wanted to wear something casual with them and I love this colour combination!
 


Two group pictures~ Taken at a large mirror at Starhill after our meal. I really do miss our days together when looking at the pics. Eating was always fun with both of them (thanks to them I was fat during those days haha).
 
We walked around Pavillion, mostly to sports shops as Bao wanted to get herself a shoe to replace her old one. In the end she couldn't get the design she wanted at Pavillion, and the sales person checked that there's still stock in their Sunway Pyramid branch. And so? Off we go to pyramid.
 
After the shoe shopping spree, I got hungry. Hahaha, both of them were pretty shocked about it. I guess it was because I did not take much food during lunch at Jogoya. Shirley suggested that we go try out Delicious, I agree because it'll be my first and I thought I could find eggs benedict there.
 
But no luck. Their breakfast only available on weekends, before 12pm. I wonder where can I try a good eggs benedict T_T, who can bring me to try?? Anyway, we ordered two pastas and a main course meal to share among ourselves.


Spagetti Carbonara(RM25.50). The classic one. Except we switch beef to chicken (Bao can't eat beef). The sauce were too diluted, I had to add HUGE amount of cheese powder for taste. It was not too bad, just average; and I personally prefer fettucine to be together with carbonara cream sauce.
 

Spicy Crabmeat Linguine(RM26.50). This was rather interesting. After getting bored of the diluted cream sauce, this tasted slightly above average. One good point about this is that the pasta is not too heavy and thick, crab meat tasted good as well (oh that's two good points).
 

Pan-seared Cod(RM50.90). This is the best among the three. The cod were fresh and juicy, and lovely. I had thought that the meat would be dry since it's rather a big piece but it's totally not! The sauce is okay, but i like it more if it's grilled with some teriyaki/black looking sauce.
 
After the meal, I brought both of them to a Korean accessories shop - Da Louis. I was pretty happy that they both loved the shop and bought something for themselves. Shirley was looking for a thin designed ring that fits her finger and she got it finally; while Bao got herself a gorgeous earphone plug to match her iphone.
 
I'll end this post with one more group pic~ Edited by Shirley. I hope that we could stay like this as long as we could, with all of us busy with our own lives but still not forgetting each other; looking forward to see you guys sometime soon~
 

4 件のコメント:

Unknown さんのコメント...

You can get a decent Eggs Benedict with Hollandaise Sauce at Mandarin Oriental lounge cafe.

By decent, I mean the quality can varies.

I stumbled into it when looking for food with my friend. The ambience was nice though the waitress weren't attentive.

So, I saw it on the menu and straight away ordered it. We almost cried and spazzing after the first bite. It was that good! So, we kinda go on and on about how those are the best eggs we ever had in our lives.

I brought my mom there for the 2nd time and ordered it as well. It wasn't as good as the 1st time. It was still good eggs but none of us had the reaction when I first tried it.

Maybe it was not prepared by the main chef the 2nd time =(

Jasmine みのり さんのコメント...

I know TWG has them too...but i think I will love the entire menu so I wonder when will it be the day where I finish the whole thing there, including the teas ><.

Unknown さんのコメント...

TWG! O_O I planned to go there to find some loose green tea leaves. Found out there is a branch at Pavillion after my friend mentioned it. Either I have to go this weekend or a few weeks afterwards as quite busy on weekend =( Maybe will just bring my laptop and go there for lunch and dinner instead =_=

Jasmine みのり さんのコメント...

There's only one branch oh TWG in Malaysia, which is in Pavillion; There's a few in singapore though,I first saw it there few times...And one in HK if i'm not wrong. Enjoy your trip there~