2012年10月5日金曜日

AniManGaki 2012 Day 1 (Band)

Finally here's my AniManGaki band entry. To be honest I was pretty skeptical about how this performance will turn out as our band is having a major member change and the leader had to go for a sudden trip (he could not join us on the day of performance). Can you believe it? We only met each other (all full new members) TWO days, 2!!! days before the performance; and worst we only had around 5 hours of jamming session together (you can minus out all the preparation time yourself). But you know the saying "Do or DIE", when humans are in desperate situation somehow we'll just do something that seems impossible. I remember our goal at that moment was to "NOT embarass ourselves on stage" and I guess that works. Afterall our reputation as a performer is at stake! So it's sort of a miracle that we can pull it off on stage.
 
The 5 hour practice went smoothly and I really LOVE the new members! They are all very fun people, and I'm sure we all enjoy music (even though some of them do not listen to Japanese music). It's hard to find people who clicks together but I guess we are doing fine (or maybe it's my imagination but I genuinely felt happy to have met all of them). Here's the new member line-up:
 
Vocalist : Sakurazuka Minori (me~)
[NEW] Lead Guitarist: Daniel
[NEW] Rhythm Guitarist: David
[NEW] Bassist: Dustin
Keyboardist: Joee
[NEW] Drummer: Crysler
 
And so, on the performance day we were supposed to reach at 8am for sound check, but only the drummer (Crysler) was there with me. Dustin (Bassist) and Joee (Keyboardist) were late due to unforseen circumstances - their car broke down in the middle of the road. For more you can visit Joee's Blog. The other two guys were late due to whatever reason I can't remember haha. Anyway in the end we decided to just fix the instruments right before the performance.
 
After the short, sorta sound check, Dustin's bass strings broke O.O , and so we had to go to guitar store to get them changed. Haha, all the bad luck seems to make the day more interesting. We had breakfast together at McD, and then everyone (except me) went to practice near the corner of the stairs. I was busy warm up for my solo performance.
 
3.30pm - Our performance time! I don't think we made any obvious mistakes, personally I think that this was good enough from a 5 hour jamming practice. I couldn't find any pictures that can see all full members during the live. But here's one of them:
 
 
Can't see the drummer in this picture T_T.
However! After the performance we had some mini photoshoot by borrowing Misao's photobooth, so here it is:
 

Joee and I: The only two girls in the band~


Daniel and I - Daniel studies music full time in UM, and has great guitar skills~


Two girls, Drummer (Crysler) and Bassist (Dustin): Dustin was really cool with his visual kei looks. Am amazed at his ability to pose in front of the camera. I'm sure he has many female fans wanting to take a picture with him, although he denies that fact haha. Oh and Dustin is a fan of Gazette just like me! He spends around an hour for that hair style too.

 
Two girls and the Drummer: Crysler always ignores me T_T...or maybe I'm too noisy hahaha. Too bad he might not be joining our band for performances anymore since he did not like Japanese music much, but am still happy that we worked together before!
 
I just realised I did not take any solo picture with David (rhythm guitarist). Wonder where did he run of that day. Anyway, David is also a very funny guy, whom I enjoy chatting with. I wonder if he feels the same too, bug am gonna continue bug him in the future haha.
 

This is my FAVOURITE picture of all! Our group picture!! Everyone looks cool (except me), it's definitely the best group picture I had for the band ^^. Too bad Carlson (band leader) was not there, but don't worry I'm sure we'll take more group pictures in future.

 
Hahaha, I really like this picture too. It looks like those behind the scenes pictures, like we are some super stars or something haha.
 
We performed 3 songs this time:
1. SCANDAL - Pride
2. Unlimits - Haruka Kanata
3. LiSA - Crossing Fields
 
Here's the videos:
 
 
 
 
I know I've repeated this many times but I really LOVE my band!! Like what Joee said in her blog, this is one of the best thing that happened on me as well ^^. Just like how happy I felt when I type this post, I hope my readers will feel the same too~.
 
Do visit my band's page: The CrestFall
As well as my fan page: jasmine minori
Thanks for the support!

1 件のコメント:

Joee Joe さんのコメント...

hello minori OwO
LOL somehow I found ur twitter, and that leads to ur blog, and that
leads to me...commenting LOL
Ehhh same here I love working with these new members too! (though not so new now)
Anyway I can't wait for the next event :D