2012年11月5日月曜日

Hokkaido Ramen Santouka @ Tokyo Street, Pavillion KL

I had been wanting to try this since I've gotten the news that the famous ramen chain from Hokkaido has finally set its foot in Pavillion KL. Friends and friends who have been there gave great comments and urged me to try out this rave. And so here I am, blogging about finally trying out my long craving ramen restaurant.
 
Santouka, written as 山頭火 in Japanese (i read them reversely until my sis told me that I'm wrong). There was already a line there when we reach; the waitress gave us the menu while we were queing for seats so that we could order our food first and have our food served when seated. In the end we didn't wait long because we are sharing a big table with 2 other groups (2 Japanese guys and a family of 3).
 

 

The usual drink : Green Tea; but this time all of us had cold green tea as we were pretty exhausted after walking through that KLCC-Pavillion bridge (especially me when I wore my usual super high heels). Mum accidentally spilled some green tea on one of the Japanese guys, but she was fast enough to stop the tea from flowing (some skills). Sad that the tea here is non-refillable since we wasted a little of our tea.

We ordered 1 set of Tokusen Toroniku Ramen Shio based (Small for RM33.50) since it's the signature dish there, one Shio Ramen (Small - RM22.50) and one Miso Ramen (Small - RM22.50). Apparently their pork based soups are made by simmering the pork bones for 20 hours before adding the other ingrediants so the colour of the soups are milky bla bla bla. Personally I think the Shio based soups are a so-so, since i prefer broth with stronger flavor, Santouka's 20 hours simmering soup is not enough thick and strong enough for me! (or maybe they didn't boil it for 20 hours, who knows? haha.
 
Mum's Miso Ramen tasted better than my Shio one, since it's a little more flavorful. I only had one bite so i'm unsure whether it's something I would say I really love. BUT!! I have to say I'm so in love with the pork cheek meat!!It's really soft and tender, and not dry! (it's like melting in my mouth~ yum) Since it's rare (from Santouka website: only 200-300g can be taken from each pig) so there's only limited amount to be sold daily. The flavor is something I would wanna try again one day soon!
 
Okay so pictures now:


My FAVOURITE Toroniku!! We shared this among the 3 of us, really lovely and unforgettable.
 

Tokusen Toroniku + my Shio Ramen


Sis's Shio Ramen, with thick slice of Japanese char-shu, sliced bamboo shoots, seaweed, a slice of cute pink x white fish cake, shredded spring onions and a small pickled plum.

 
Mum's Miso Ramen, same ingrediants with Shio ramen, just without the pickled plum and with additional miso flavor. Both mum and sis love the ramen (especially toroniku), phew, if not it'll be waste of our travel time!
 
And one last picture! Me and my sis (being thoughtful that mum doesn't like her pictures to be in public).
 

2 件のコメント:

Unknown さんのコメント...

Super high heels? I thought those are your usual large base heels.

So, you like ramen with stronger broth. Me too.
I can taste the thick miso ramen in my mouth now OTL

Jasmine みのり さんのコメント...

High heels can be thin heels,thick heels,stilettos with or without a base.
And super high,medium high or not depends on the 'height'. In which case the ones i was wearing was 10+cm.And in high heels it is considered high.