2015年1月30日金曜日

Food post: Closing/Ultra Busy Period

My work partner (Kubo-san) and I were actually feeling quite grim before our closing starts, mainly because our closings were always quite horrible, to the point that we only have 1-2 hours of sleep daily for about a week. After that it gets better, but we still need to hang on for about half a month before we could totally get a rest.
 
So what we did was, to make a point to at least try finding the time to eat relatively decent food to make up our mood lol. Although most of the meals were bought back by my team leader (thank you soooo much!!) because we don't want to waste a second leaving our work. BUT! We did managed to grab some nice food and took an hour break for some of the days so this considered a great improvement for us ^^. And we did survived the HORRIBLE closing yayyy~~

First was at POKC cafe, I think it's supposed to be a Hainanese style cafe, but with some western fusion. Had this with Kubo-san because it was a Monday and the Udon place (Arata) that we wanted to go was closed, and The Pie Thing was closed as well.

Both of us ordered the same thing: Grilled chicken chop with Cheese. It tasted okay on average ^^


Managed to try out the famous Arata Udon the next day!! The Udon here was really good and has the closest taste to Japan, no wonder it's Kubo-san's favourite ^^. The chef here was a Japanese as well.

We ordered some Dashi Tamagoyaki for sharing:


It was good but I prefered the one at Watami. Here comes the star of the night!! Tadaaaaaa Mentaiko Salad Udon!!!! This one was Kubo-san's favourite, and mine too. Udon were cooked just nice and not overcooked, and the mentaiko portion were quite generous hehe.


Most of the days, my team lead Zalman-san helped me and Kubo-san to buy back some food for us, stuff like Mc Donalds, Carls Junior, and Chicken rice shop etc. Some days Kubo-san actually took the trouble to get me great food like this Teriyaki Chicken Omurice from Pasta Zanmai:


The Omurice actually tasted pretty good! especially when you are super busy and thought that you could only eat bad tasting fast food. Thank you soooo much to my partner Kubo-san and team lead Zalman-san for taking the trouble to take care of my meals. I can't thank you guys enough >__<. They actually tried their best to buy foods that I like to increase my appetite and not just cincai buy whatever they could for me. I was seriously touched and am glad that I have such good people in my team (as compared to those from other teams ergh, so noisy and less considerate).

One of the nights atfer my certification meeting, I was feeling really down (to the point I could cry anytime, but I tried my best not to la) and I don't even want to eat anything (note that I actually skipped all meals that day). Kubo-san saw that and asked me out to Nana's Green Tea Cafe; she said that having some desserts could make me feel better and it's better to have some time out of the job. So I did followed her.

Kubo-san ordered something from the new menu, Omurice! But the one she bought for me previously tasted better.


I ordered this! Warm Mentai Cream Soup Udon. It tasted pretty good, and I was glad that it's warm. Was feeling down and cold that time hahaha. True enough I felt much better after the meal.


We both shared a parfait because I don't think I could finish one by myself. I know I've said this repeatedly, but I'm really glad that I have her around. I don't know how she thinks about me, but I'm really grateful because I wouldn't have made it without her (as in emotionally). I was feeling really lonely and depress for quite some time, imagine having trapped in some work that you are forced to handle, and everyone shooting you during a meeting. I really wanted to run away and just breakdown during the certification but I just hang on. I do have friends from other teams and departments, but I was just so busy and I can't spend time with them. I don't want to talk about my feelings too deeply with my family as well. Ergh I feel like crying now while typing this.

Here's a picture of the pretty parfait to stop myself from thinking sad stuffs haha.


I do take some of my meals alone though. And when I do, it has to be great! One of it was KyoChon, the staff gave me free drumstick omggg. The KimChi fried rice at Ko Hyang is better though. Other than that, Chicken at KyoChon is always the best~


I went Menya Musashi for Ramen as well, but forgot to take picture hahaha. Went to Ma Maison for Tonkatsu too!! But forgot to take picture again ahem. Sign of old age???ARGH.

I do remember to take when I was in Watami though! Had my favourite Hotate Butteryaki and Mentai Cheese Tamagoyaki!!!! Great lunch hehehe.



Good food can really clear up my mood! Am going for more food hunting this year. Who wanna join me??

1 件のコメント:

Shishio さんのコメント...

Count me in for a food hunt session!