2013年8月28日水曜日

Hair Colour Evolution

So while waiting for my AniManGaki 2013 performance videos to be rendered and uploaded on youtube, I decided to write up a post about my hair colour changes over the past one and half year!~
 
As some of you might (or may not) know, before I bleached my hair blonde, my hair is straight black (duh lol) and I did not go for any rebonding, perm, dye or anything saloon related except hair cut of course. So my first time stepping into a proper saloon was the time I did the biggest change to my long black hair -- bleached my whole head blonde. It was a nerve wrecking decision as the colour change is too big, and it may not suit me etc etc.
 
 
Took this right before stepping into the saloon haha, drinking chatime.
My first proper hair make-over was at A-Saloon, which I have to say was my WORST experience EVERRRR. It was completely my first time so I guess I kena conned by them wth. The whole process was really x100 uncomfortable: they weren't gentle with my hair (all the pullings!!! so my neck hurts like hell), they probably used some cheap lousy bleaching powder on me so my scalp hurts as well, I had to sit there for EIGHT! LAPAN!HACHI! 八!long hours for just bleaching + hair dye, and the total charges is MYR 87X.XX (which is just crazy). Was feeling pretty down because my first experience had to be so dreadful, plus the colour wasn't what I want =_=.
 
So yeah, I won't ever ever in my life step into A-Saloon again.
 

 
Discussing with the stylist about the colour -- which is a complete waste of time actually since their colour chart is so limited.
 
 
I'm SOOOOOO glad that Akiko was so kind enough to teman me throughout the entire 8 hours long process, without her I'll probably be bored to death or turned into a mushroom.
 
 
Still black hair lol.
 


Bleach starts!!


Black hair slowly bleached out...

 
First Bleaching done! The colour is so yellow I'm speechless.
 

 
2nd bleaching.  
 
 
Even brighter yellow now, haizzz. Looking back I still can't believe I could withstand the 8 hours long torture and not getting the results I want.
 

The dye now. The colour is somewhat ashy x greenish x yellowish blonde.


Here! All done~ I had to spend time looking at the mirror to get used to my new blonde hair that time haha.
 

See...their styling sucks too lol. These type of curls even I could do better.


Took this picture when I reached home. Curls almost gone hahaha. Afterall it was my first, so I was pretty proud of myself for taking the step for this huge image change ^^. Having blonde hair is pretty high maintenance: It's harder to go out without looking proper (makeup and clothings) with this hair; I couldn't use just any shampoo and have to use loads of treatment wash, sprays, oil, hair nutrient, you can name any.    
 
After my horrifying first experience, I decided to go to number76 for my hair styling. And it was probably my best decision I did for my hair.


Touch-up bleach and hair-dye. See the difference? Smoother looking hair, a less tired me (whole process took only 2-3hours).
 

Hehe, ever-so-kind Akiko was with me as well.


My first time at number76, Akiko and I went to this ramen restaurant in Midvalley, and here's where something happened. The entire billboard fall ON us, literally. Pretty much like a scene from final destination lol. I was few cm from being crushed on the head with my face in the ramen bowl.
Now, back to hair topic lol.


Another simple touch up bleach and dye. Did some different shade of blonde each time. Love my hair condition~ To put it simply, I went to number76 ever since the good first time experience haha. My stylist for the first few times was Hikky-san, a Japanese stylist who then transferred to another branch later.

And then I went for Amy, who now also transferred to another branch =_=. Wonder if it's my luck.


Anyway, Amy did this ombre hair for me~ Mainly because I stopped bleaching my roots since then. Ombre hair was the hype back then!


Another one of Amy's work. I wanted a pinkish blonde hair colour; but she made it pinkish purple for me hahaha, but it's fine since I kinda liked the style back then.

 
Pink-blonde looks quite dark without proper lightings.
 
After Amy got transferred to another branch, I then went for Steve (who was previously my mum's stylist). To be honest I actually prefer his works more than Amy, so am still sticking with him for now (provided he didn't get transferred to another branch again).
 


My first try with Steve~ Got inspired by Elena's new hair from Vampire Diaries, she had a dark brown base with red highlights. I decided to go for a purple-ish pink instead ^^. I highlighted some parts of my fringe and a thick strip at one side of my hair, feeling creative~~


Here's my new (current) hair colour!!! Steve is really good with mixing colours~ This time I wanted a light brown base with pink and purple highlights. Was pretty happy that Steve decided to style my hair with mermaid wave since I've always wanted to give it a try. Btw, the waves go off after 2 days lol. But I think the highlights look great with straight hair too~
 
Am now thinking about my next hair colour/design. Feeling Curious?


2 件のコメント:

NicAiko さんのコメント...

Are you going to try purple-blue color?? XD

Joee Joe さんのコメント...

dye your hair rainbow, teman me be parrot XD