2013年6月30日日曜日

Acoustic Band Performance @ACG Fiesta UTAR Sungai Long

 
Event: Anime Cosplay Games (ACG) Fiesta
Venue: UTAR Sungai Long Campus South Lobby
Date: 26-27 June (Wednesday & Thursday) 11am-4pm
 

Before event: Practice
 
Around Mid-June I got a message from Carlson (CrestFall band leader) to sort of ask me if it's possible to go perform for this event since our band got invited to perform. I find the dates rather rushed and find it impossible to gather for a full electric band performance; however an idea crossed me that I could try out for a 3 pcs acoustic band performance instead since my keyboardist and guitarist were itching to perform as well.
 
And off we go, the usual meet up practice process lol. This time we've decided to meet at my place instead of booking a studio because...well, there's only 3 of us. We did a total of 3 practices, but rather long and relaxed hours because it's free (duh it's my house) and there's no time restrictions. First practice is Always, always and always very laid back as most members haven't prepared and practice well, especially David (guitarist) who didn't even listen to the song once before the practice.
 
Nevertheless it was real fun being together with them, can't stop our laughters whenever David said something or even when he did nothing wth. On our first practice we had Sushi Tei for dinner, and due to David's forgetfullness or funny-ness or whatever, i spilled green tea on my sushi =_=. Well no use crying over spilled tea on sushi i guess lol.
 
2nd practice is a little different because we were practicing for about 2 hours before going for a Music Composition Workshop at Bentley Music. Thanks a lot to Akiko for the directions!
The workshop was "...". It literally made me speachless hahaha. All the speaker has to say was "it's very hard to explain composing, all you need is feel". Which is rather lame as most of us has music background and I'm sure we would hope to learn up some skills which would help to ease the process of composing. Just like a teacher asking students to FEEL the drawing to learn how to draw, so very "helpful".
 
But! I fell in love with the entire building that is filled with music equipments and books and instruments!!! Really feel like getting a sequencer >_<.
 
Our final (3rd) practice went rather well, and we decided to drop a song because we got too bored playing it. Personally I still feel that we didn't practice thoroughly enough but I guess it's just me, I couldn't stand if there's any mistakes during practice lol. But am trying hard to control myself and let things go a bit since, well, not everyone is like me.
 
I'm rather satisfied with the song choice this time: Wherever you are by One OK Rock; Last song by Gackt; and This Love by Angela Aki. I've did Wherever you are with Osiria Rose before, and I definitely miss the duet with their vocalist. Last song was a great song to cover for an acoustic performance so I totally bought the idea of doing this right when Joee (keyboardist) brought this up. As for This Love, am feeling really excited and happy practicing this song as it's quite a high level song and I've been wanting to sing it for years and do not have the ability to do so.
 
Event day
It was of course, a rather small event since the campus is quite small to me lol. Anyway, outfit of the day!
 

Matte Sequin top and grey skinny jeans (both from Mango, jeans got them from Spain ^^); washed light blue jeans cap; back studded boots.
Max love my sequin top because it's really rare to find a matte sequin because usually they are all shiny and disco looking.
 
 
Here's our (performers) resting area. A small lecture hall ^^ Unfortunately we didn't make full use of the room for warm ups because we spent most of the time setting up the stage and EQs (which is kinda pointless because the PA people tempered with it right after we set =_=).
 
The event has very few stalls, selling document files, handmade goodies, sushi lol.
 
 
Really love this file~ Bought them for my sis. I feel like getting one as well but I know I'll just keep it aside and won't use it since it's too pretty haha.

 
Handmade goodies~~ Kinda regretted not buying.
 
As predicted, David was late, apparently his car broke down. Setting up took a while because there's some problem with the speaker (it got burst haizzz, don't know why PA people didn't go change it). For some reason the usually chilled to the core David went nervous, probably his first time singing while playing the guitar.
 
First song (Wherever you are by One ok Rock) was okay, nothing much except our mics got toned down. It was rather soft so I was pretty worried about the dynamics. 2nd song (Last song by Gackt) was a disaster lol. First the keyboard and PA settings got messed up, then Joee's mic became so soft that her solo was difficult to be heard and I went near her to hold my mic for her. And then came the biggest disaster: Joee's keyboard cable got unplugged ohnoessss.
 
While Joee singing I realised that there was no power from the keyboard, and there's no lights on the screen! And then I looked at the floor....cable was lying flat. I picked the cable and showed her, and panic attack begins!! Ergh it was quite a brain storming process trying to think what to do to continue the performance.
 
Before the 3rd song (This Love by Angela Aki), we paused for several minutes to try to set the equipments but it's kinda futile. I don't get why the stage crews did not change the speakers while we paused our performance, instead, they changed it AFTER our performance *criessss*
 
Our This Love was okay, except some mistakes here and there on the keyboard; but thats acceptable after the panic attack. Personally I did not make mistakes for this performance and am kinda proud that I'm levelled up enough to sing Angela Aki songs~ YAY~~
 
Some on-the-stage pictures:
 

 
 
Two pictures below were taking by Joee's sister, it's blurry since she did not realise there's thumb prints on the lens hahaha. But it made us look as if we are performing in the midst of haze, kinda cool lol
 
 
 
Like got some light effects right haha.
I hope to perform This Love again, next time a much better cover! Why why why Animangaki's performance slot not open yet T_T.

Most of the problems in this performance were caused by the inexperience of stage crews in the event, as such the way they handled situation and made wrong decisions gave us huge problems during our performance. But still, they were all really nice and friendly, and tried their best to work their first-time event out; so I hope they could improve and make a better event next time~
 
I'll end with two videos from this performance, do enjoy~


0 件のコメント: