2014年8月30日土曜日

The Good Batch & Wondermilk, Damansara Uptown

3rd August 2014

I've been postponing Akiko's birthday celebration meal for two months lol (her birthday was 1st of June), mainly because I was busy with my quarter closing during July and forgot what I'm busy with on June lolol.
 
I have Akiko two choices of good brunch places, Nosh or The Good Batch. We chose The Good Batch in the end because it's close to her place (and my workplace), and the best part is the Wondermilk beside haha. Wondermilk has my favourite Macadamia flavoured Fresh Milk hehe ^^.
 
We met around 10.30am at Empire Damansara, and reached The Good Batch around 11am. There was already a long queue there, but we got in pretty quick because we don't mind the window seat. In fact, window seats are great because there's super good lighting there and great for selfies!


Photos taken using my Casio TR-15. Great lighting right?
Before I forgot, we were wearing matching Floral Lolita outfit that day ^^. I felt really happy with our fashion choice because I rarely dress up in lolita in normal occasion. My lolita is a bit toned down though, no headdress, big bows etc.


Love this photo of her! Really have to say that the lightings are really great. The lilac purple hello kitty bag is her birthday gift from me! Hope she likes it~ Had a hard time choosing and this is what I ended up buying her.


My turn~ The lighting's so good that I don't even need to edit or add filter.


Ordered a Gryphon tea for myself. Tried Hanami tea this time, Japanese Sencha with Cherry Blossoms.
 

One thing I like about Gryphon teas is their descriptions behind each tea packs. There's even tea pairing suggestions lol And details such as brewing temperature and time.
 

Akiko's pretty hot chocolate drink. Should be not bad.
 

Akiko's main dish: French 'O' - This is good! Fluffy omelette with mixed vegetables and melted cheese ^^


And my Norwegian - Smoked salmon eggs benedict. By now you guys should have already know that I'm a sucker for eggs benedict lol. I just can't help but to order this everytime I see this. It's not great though, but not bad either ^^.
 
After our brunch, we went to Wondermilk for some snacks as planned. This will be my second visit to Damansara Wondermilk (I went to the one in Publika before as well); my first visit to this branch was with Akiko as well, that time we went there for some manicure session at a nail salon near-by.
 

Akiko's Lolita OOTD. Rose motif JSK. Very interesting matching with pink gradient tights.


My Lolita OOTD. Lacey blouse with Pink Floral lolita skirt. Comes with a matching big pink floral bow but I didn't use it. Instead, I match this outfit with a floral metal x fabric long necklace for a more subtle look. Wanted to braid my hair initially but too lazy to do so in the end lol.
 

Our meals at Wondermilk! I ordered my usual Macadamia Wondermilk drink, while Akiko took Butterscotch Soda (it was surprisingly good). Now, if I want to take any of the nicer wondermilk flavors, I'm forced to get a cupcake with no extra charge =___=. I don't really know the reasoning behind, but Akiko said it was probably to clear off their stock, so I guess thats why they are being so despo about having people trying their cupcakes. We ordered wedges as well to munch, I really love the creamy pesto dip that comes with the wedges.
 

I brought back few wondermilks for my family, so that explains the few extra cupcakes that I was forced to take ahem. I'm not really a cupcake eating person though, mainly because they were usually extremely sweet. But I do agree that they look great though.
 
After wondermilk, Akiko suggested that we drive to E-Curve for some purikura, which we did ^^. I love this Purikura machine!!!It's called Akogare Baby 3, a different machine from the ones I usually take. This one is even more interesting with two pieces of photos per person ^^. We can even choose to have a collage version for one of the piece, and a normal type the other side.
 
One sad thing is that the Puri-App download thing is not working for this machine, so we didn't get to purchase the softcopy of the photos like how we did usually. But I scanned the pictures though!





The four scanned photos. We played twice because I realise that we didn't have a full body outfit photo in our first attempt. Must play one more time because if not wasted our effort to dress up nicely in lolita haha.
 

Must go back there to play this machine again! Haiz why the machine not in 1Utama, if not I could do that everyday hahaha.
 
Thanks for the great time and Happy Birthday Akiko-chan~ 


0 件のコメント: