2009年6月15日月曜日

大会!~ Putrajaya International Dragon Boat Festival 2009

Was Lazying around, keep delaying my posts. Will post all the stuffs one shot! Eto... This post will be about the Putrajaya International Dragon Boat Festival. I only went for the second day(6th June 2009) with my dad, and some relatives. It was a holiday therefore my chinese harp class was cancelled and i'm free for the day's outing.


We left house around 2pm, cousin came to pick dad and I out. We went to his Petronas in Sri Kembangan, looking around waiting for my cousin to settle some of his business there. We waited there for about 2 hours, mainly buying snacks and drinks from the petrol station, chit chat around.
Around 4pm, all of us left for Putrajaya. The venue looks like a sports day event to me. Many tents around, dragon boat teams doing their warm up exercise before the match. Foods stalls are everywhere too. All of us ate lecka lecka gelato due to the hot wheather. I'm really glad i brought my sun lotion, i bet most of the ladies with me were glad too (because of this i didn't get tan).
Aunt was in the boat race. She was in the Pink Spartan team, all of them are breast cancer survivors (some are spouse). It is really tough for them but they row through the competition smoothly by their strong team spirits (which I don't believe in anymore, sadly). Aunt won gold medal for local competition, and brownse for the international competition.
 
 

The Pink Spartan team. It was a little dark after the event. All of the members were very happy and hyper, and when i say hyper, it's really HYPER. We have to join them because we were sitting with them, so even though the shouting and clapping and water spraying were awkward, we still have to bear with them. Well, they are winning, so they should celebrate it well.




Took a group picture among relatives who went. Aunt was the one holding the medal. We went for dinner after the event. Cousin booked 3 tables for us and all members of pink spartan for dinner. Dinner was fair, chinese style banquet dinner. Aunt invited a girl, 26 yrs old Mandy who was an accountant. Aunt wanted me to 'make her feel comfortable' because she is not from their team. I was really worried that she will seperate me from my dad, i mean as in different table. But thank god, dad and I were still on the same table,just different seats. Aunt said I should ask Mandy about my expectations of being an accountant and all, well, I don't want to recall that anymore. But just a note, I managed to make friend with Mandy, and got her contacts, Aunt was pleased with my social skills as well.



Here's the name card for the restaurant. Names of the dishes were from the chinese novel, i guess the chef must be a novel lover ^_^. After dinner, relatives came drop by our house. They chatted a lot, i was lucky I managed to escape not to perform any instruments (i was dead tired after whole day of 'entertaining'), i bet i would not even complete any single piece that night. One thing that i was amazed to know is that cousin actually loves the electric guitar, he likes my guitar and I could see sparks in his eyes, hahaha.




Alas, the medal. Bridge the World, hahaha. Oh yeah, Japan team was really good looking, with nice spirits and all, spirits as in I can see the spirits from their actions and movements, not by shouting here and there. Hong Kong's spirit was great as well. Our country's team, to me was a cheat. Our country's team is the Navy!! Oh MY God. How could normal teams win the Navy right. DUH. And those Navys were, even the DJ said it, the noisiest team ever. Like baboons, shouting, climbing trees kind, orang utan. Haih, why can't their stop embarassing the country even once. Yes indeed, they won, but their actions really made the other countries think that we are uncivalized. Still i'm happy for my aunt, Hope they can go continue on their spirits and let the fire stays forever.

0 件のコメント: