2013年4月4日木曜日

Tong Pak Fu (糖百府) Desserts

Though I do admit I don't have a sweet tooth, but it's still fun to go for desserts with my family for tea (or sometimes we would replace meal times for dessert if we want to have something light). My family loves going to Tong Pak Fu ever since our first visit, mainly because there's a branch near where we stay, and also the choice of food available there (not justthe  usual hot desserts, but snow ice, western desserts and even some finger food as well).


The interior has the striking combination of orange x white, which gives the youthful feeling; I guess maybe it feels young to have desserts, I don't know lol.
 
I'll start with some hot desserts which have always been the hot pick for my mum and sis, not for me though as I prefer something "lighter" for the buds.
 

Almond Cream (RM5.80). I took this because my mum complained about me having too much cold drinks (bad for my health etc etc). Thought I could finish this because I love almond, but I had to force myself to gulp down in order not to waste it. Not to say that it's bad, it's very smooth and rich, very good for almond lovers; Just that I'm not used to having thick hot desserts, will feel "jelak" very fast.
 


Black Glutinous Rice Cream with Coconut Milk (RM5.80). This is the usual order for my mum and sis, I do sometimes take this as well. Don't know why, but I can somehow take this without feeling heavy, good when I'm feeling for some hot desserts~
 

 
 Black Sesame Cream (RM5.80). Haha, this. I have a serious dislike towards black sesame, just can't take the smell and the taste, BUT my whole family loves it =__=. They love red bean as well, which I don't understand why; but lately I can somehow accept grean beans, some sort of improvement i guess..


Apple Tart with Vanilla Ice Cream (forgotten the price). I've ordered this at least twice, loving the apple tart a lot! Although I sometimes don't get why most western desserts here have that vanilla ice cream there even though it doesn't really match.
 

 
Chocolate Lava Cake with Vanilla Ice Cream (RM12.80). This is one of their signature western dessert, and each order have to wait up to 15minutes (if i'm not mistaken) for preparation. Love the part where I take a bite of the lava cake together with the ice cream, that hot + cold feeling is great~ The outer part of the lava cake is rather crispy, and the inner part is soft with melted chocolate. Although I would recommend sharing if you can't take too much sweet at a time, or easily get overwhelmed with sweetness.
 


Chicken Cutlet (RM9.80). This one taste great for snacks (when your tongue gets so bored with all the sweets, and sweets and sweets), however I would prefer it to be boneless, like the ones in chatime or taiwan street food stalls.
 

 
Tempura (RM8.80). I do not really recommend this because I do not understand the taste lol. It's somewhat soft and doesn't have much flavor. 
 
 
Curry Chee Cheong Fun (Forgotten the price). The curry is good, medium spicyness, with sprinkles of dried prawn and fried onions; good for sharing ^^.

I did not take any pictures for the Snow Ice, but would definitely recommend that, especially the Green Tea flavored one. There's also durian flavor so you should definitely try some if you are a durian lover.

Would definitely keep visiting them for desserts~ Heard that they have some new menu so I'm looking forward to try them out too ^^

1 件のコメント:

Unknown さんのコメント...

I used to not like red bean too, cause of the "sandy" feel but now I love it with my green tea milk :D

Don't think I've tried green bean, maybe cause there's no complement for it like green tea.
Oh, curry chee cheong fun... O_O

Need to go back for my Durian Snow Ice :D